In the Battle of Browsers by Digitaltrends at the end of 2016, Chrome proved itself worthy the throne. But still opening multiple tabs in Chrome can be lagging, browser crashing and in worst case scenario, the PC as-a-whole slows down. However, with my this little secret, you can open multiple tabs in Chrome without slowing down PC.
What causes to slow down your PC when you open multiple tabs in Chrome?
These days PCs are more powerful than ever. However, some of us still might be using 4GB memory PC and opening multiple tabs in these PC can be painful. The more the number of tabs you open, the more the background process of Chrome are assigned. Result: it’s pain in the ass.
1 Little Secret to open multiple tabs in Chrome without slowing down PC: The Great Suspender
This very extension, The Great Suspender, is great as the name suggests. It has easy settings operation to control how you handle the specific tabs.
You can enable this extension, just follow the steps stated:
- Open Chrome and click the “3 vertical dots” at the top right-most corner
- Select Settings. → Go to Extensions
- Scroll down and choose “Get more extension”
- Type “The Great Suspender” In the left search box
(you can Google “The Great Suspender” and you’ll be given redirected URL to the Chrome store with extension)
Note: This extension works in all Chromium-based browsers like Torch and UC Browsers.
- Click “Add to Chrome” and Voila you are almost done
- After you can tweak the settings of the extensions yourself and put your required sites in Whitelist.
- You can set the time to suspend tabs automatically after the certain inactive duration. You can remap the keyboard shortcuts too.
So, with this little secret of mine, I am sure you won’t have any issues. And you can open multiple tabs in Chrome without slowing down PC., probably more than my number 99, maybe 100s